Monday, December 17, 2007

iPhone AT

Having kids in school and day care means having a reliable cell phone mandatory these days. The iPhone did not disappoint. First the box is very small. I guess most Apple products come in small boxes these days being environmentally sound and all. Although it was small it was quite heavy. I can t help but smile just thinking about it. The iPhone itself was nicely displayed and everything else was tucked under a black box under the iPhone itself. When I turned it on it said I needed to connect with iTunes. I knew this from reading about it and so was not surprised. Once I connected the activation part started. At this point the entire experience turned sour. I knew it was coming. I ve done it before. But I haven t actually gone through a cell phone activation process for many years. So what is it I object to so much First the phone number. I have to have a phone number to get a cell phone. My whole being screams out in frustration and anger at this. Wh! y in the world do I need a phone to get a phone I know the answer of course. Do I have a phone Yes. Although I didn t once before when I first experienced this maybe years ago . I had just moved to the bay area but didn t have a place yet therefore no phone. More on that later. So I gave it and provided my number. Next they needed my billing and home address. OK so they have to send me a bill I guess. So I give the billing address. But that s not good enough. They want my home address to. Why Are they going to come to my house This really makes me mad. They want this information to sell. And they do some serious checking on it too. I m not sure I ve put my social security number on anything except my tax returns for years. Again I m sure this is just for money. Fortunately it hasn t been wrong in a bad way but I know it s just luck. With this personal information strip search I guess it will be more up to date now. And it is wonderful just like I expected.! It is beautify to look at. The finger controls are really fun to play with. My phone was activated before I finished reading the page on the screen that was telling me about activation. I was very impressed. It found my WiFi and just started using it. I made my first phone call tonight and it was very clear. My music and videos transferred over without any issues along with my bookmarks calendar and contacts. I m thrilled even though I had to sell a bit of my soul.

Source: http://brianestes.wordpress.com/2007/12/16/iphone-att/


Another site recomended to review: Marlboro Red cigarettes ( http://tobacco-online.org/ )

I feel like an empty room. I've just been letting everything pass me by lately, but eh. Not that it matters. Nothing happening recently, but such is life. What can I say? Nothing seems worth thinking about.

Feel free to read: Marlboro Medium cigarettes ( http://tobacco-online.org/ )

No comments: