Tuesday, September 18, 2007

DRUNKEN SPELLING BEE AUG 6th, I just became really nauseous

So, this is what I hear (b/c I had too many shots and don't remember anything)

Last night's drunken spelling bee was the best ever, Scotty fell off the table at least twice, Beast Infection judged, and if you know Beast Infection then you've probably seen the beer hats and the yellow plastic suits. Take those four fellas place a tub of cold PBR within reach and well, your judges are more or less incoherent before the first round is over.

Bob And Barbara's won The Best of Philly 2007 for best competitive bar event "The Drunken Spelling Bee". Comcast on demand has 5 minute spot so maybe the 12 people who saw the Comcast spot showed up, and I think schools getting ready to start so those eager little darlings are back. By 9:30 we had 23 people signed up. I think (fuzzy before it even began) we had about 37 total spellers.

We started the game off with The Rogerio Brother's f-n dynamite commercial for the event, featuring Tony Spectacular looking a little like a small white Mr. T ready to kill someone. We showed a couple of Rogerio spots and the Eye of the Tiger trailer (I know b/c I heard it) and DJ browntown(rodeo) gave the Beast boys something to dance to. Brown, who for the first time did not judge, was able to hang out and drink . Wexler who was not forced to sit at the table and man an overload of equipment also was able to drink, observe and carry around stealth camera and catch the tiny details that I will regret.

Apparently I let the judges drink the winners 2 cases, but as luck has it, the winner is the beer reps roommate, so he's in luck. I woke up today with an unidentifiable road rash covering my knee and a ripped pair of pants. I know I tackled someone, It's almost noon and I still haven't found out who it was.

Mark appeared a little late in the evening (which means he was not quite as damaged as the rest of us) and with clear eyes could see how close our equipment comes to death by beer every stinking event.

No comments: